Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Remembering


Remembering Tyke on his birthday. Grateful for 16,441 beautiful days together.  A life of love, kindness, happiness and fun.  Our kids, "We have the best kids."  He wanted to see our granddaughters run and play in our yard.  They ran together through the grass for the first time just last week. The joy I felt was tinged with sadness.  I saw it for us both.  
I could almost hear you laugh. 
 My love for you is endless.

Life is so complicated.  The horrible injustice in Minnesota.
As a Mother, it tore at my heart.  George Floyd.  Black Lives Matter. 
 A chance for us all to be better to each other.  We must do better.

The threat of Covid keeping us apart.  Missing my extended family and friends.
I was living in self imposed isolation before things shut down in March.  
I so long for normal, whatever that may be today. 

What's happening at home?
Having my deck power washed and repaired.  Something that has needed attention for a couple of years.  DIL Amanda put me in touch with a craftsman she works with.  What Paul did in an hour would take me all day.  No hand cramps for me this year. Feels good taking care of the deck since the family spends as much time outside as possible. 

Then, finding all the food in the freezer turned to mush.
I only feel bad about the ice cream I lost, I told the salesman at the appliance store as I purchased, a new refrigerator (alone) for the very first time.  I went to Abt in Glenview and was helped by the kindest gentleman, David.  He texted me with a new delivery date for this week, after giving me a date for late next week.  Before entering the store my temperature was taken, everyone was wearing masks.  I was anxious, took me 65 years to make a large purchase alone.  The universe put me in the hands of a kind, compassionate and friendly man.  Now I have a guy at Abt.  That's cool because I need a dishwasher and stove in the new year.

I hope that you are all healthy and that the stress of life
 has not taken away the many happy moments
our lives are filled with, if only we recognize them.

As I finish this post, a song I love came on my itunes shuffle.
It's called Montana Half Light.
It is pure, calming, so beautiful.
It takes me though my life, the beginning, the middle, which is Tyke and 
the now.  I couldn't change anything that happened, 
but I can be so very grateful for that middle.
Who gets 16.441 days of bliss?
I did.

Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

      


1 comment:

Lynne said...

Such an inspiring, beautiful post . . .
OH MY . . .
Nothing better than nice, helpful, kind . . .
Happy you had some of that this week!
Happy new refrigerator!
Let’s share some ice cream together!
What’s your favorite?
Peace . . .