Monday, August 24, 2020

What you see...



I mentioned that a bench was installed at a local park, in memory of my dearest.   I briefly told you about my first emotional visit.  I went back one morning with the twins.  It was cool and shady as we walked around the path.  I took the girls out of their stroller and set them on the bench. As people passed and stopped to see the babies, I mentioned that this was their Grandpa's bench.  I visited again, this time with Penny this weekend.  She was surprised that a phrase she suggested was included on the plaque. We are planning a small dedication service, just for our immediate family in several weeks..  Then I will share some photos of the bench and the plaque.  
 
"It's the beauty within us that makes it possible for us to recognize the beauty around us.  The question is not what you look at but what you see." 
-Henry David Thoreau
  

What I saw through my window Sunday afternoon was a short lived but much appreciated storm. We had just come home from a ride to the Lake.   The bridge that has kept me from the Lake is still out,  Jon followed the detour and got us to our favorite spot. We could not find a parking space, anyway,  we saw her (Lake Michigan) and she was beautiful. The babies were at Grandma Roseann's with Mommy for the weekend.  Jon stayed home to finish up a few things, but was totally lost without his girls.  Penny came for a visit and she accompanied me on a few errands. The house was QUIET., until the storm.



 I ran to the back to see if there was a rainbow after the storm passed.


The air smelled all fresh and the trees sighed.  It has been a long dry spell for us this summer.


Love seeing the leaves drenched with rain.


A break in the clouds.

I hope all is well wherever you are.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny




3 comments:

Eileen in Fla. said...

You and family are taking such good care of each other, and you write about it so beautifully.

Lynne said...

You are an artist with your words,
sharing your stories . . .
This was especially tender . . . for me.

Melanie said...

I can't wait to see Tyke's bench and the plaque...

You are surrounded by so much love with your family. What a blessing they are.

Can you believe we didn't even get one drop of rain here from that storm? We desperately need it. Our grass is so brown and crispy, we haven't had to mow in about a month!

xoxo