Thursday, May 10, 2012

Empty Beds, Sore Bones


This bed is ready for planting.  Remember the photo with the can hidden in the weeds, well it wasn't a can but a plant marker made from a can.  This little bed was a big job.  The weeds were thick and had a head start.  Maybe I'm just getting older,
 no maybe about it;-), I am!


All of my hydrangeas were badly damaged by the frost, but they are coming back, now that the beds are cleaned.  Next, bags and bags of mulch.

 All the pots are cleaned and ready for plants.  The squirrels find empty pots irresistible.

Mother Nature is awesome, and the need to grow and reach for the sun is amazing.  I can't wait to plant!

 
I finished the blankets and made this matching hat.

 
You might have wondered about my color choice on this blanket, until you see this embroidery.  It's a really good match! (The yarn is  I Love This Yarn, Stripes... from Hob Lob)
Enjoy this beautiful day my friends!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I envy your weeding . . . Stop over here!

Darling hat and blanket . . .

Debby said...

We have been bombarded with weeds this year.....all the rain. Why is it we work ouselves silly outdoors and then the inside goes to pot..

Jill said...

You have been very busy, as always. Adorable hat!