Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Somewhere out there...

 
This is the girl that has my heart.  Here she is playing in the sprinkler, just like
city kids have been doing forever.  Penny is now 13 months old.
She walks like a pro, and can turn on a dime.  She loves water, prefers showers to baths.
Her Mom screamed bloody murder if her face got wet when she was her age.  Go figure.
She can say so many words.  Hi Grandma is my personal favorite.
In fact she can repeat anything.
I wish you could her her say, watermelon...the cutest!

 
We Face Time everyday...sometimes she asks to talk to me..and to our bird Blue.  She signs bird, placing her pointer and thumb together like a bird's beak. I will get out of bed and go downstairs so she can see Blue.  It makes her so happy. Penny loves her grandpa and uncles like crazy cakes, and lights up when they come on the screen. She is happy to see her cousins, but the puzzled look on her face makes me think she wishes she could get in on the fun. She's got a new smile, a cheesy, tilted head, sparkling teeth grin that makes me laugh.  She gives me big hugs by hugging herself, and kisses the Ipad.  I am missing her so very much today.

We hope to see each other before the end of summer, and we have a date for a special trip in the fall.  It's hard being a long distance grandma, but thank goodness for technology.  For the chance to talk, or just watch as she plays at home still amazes me.  Kristen is great about sending photos...I sometimes see them before they are on Facebook! ;-)  Just wanted to post about her today.  I mentioned her yesterday, and though she is on my mind and in my heart every day, I haven't mentioned my sweet p.here in a while.  Just a lonely Grandma...

Thanks for indulging me my friends.  Back to crafting.  Enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

So sweet she iis. A gift for us to see Little P and a Forever Gift for you every day. Being able to see and hear must help . . . nothing like hold and cuddle though is it! Happy some "together" plans are in place for the future . . . She sure is a talker at a very young age!

Debby said...

Love that Sweet P. She is talking early and big words. I know that you miss her. Glad she can see you everyday by Skpe. Hope you see her sooner. xo

Melanie said...

Aww, she's so cute! Sometimes, technology can be a very good thing. :-)