Monday, December 30, 2013

I gave myself 7 to 9 days...




...Until I got the cold my sweet p. brought me for Christmas. Well, the winning number was 7! I was already feeling it by Friday, but stayed strong for the remainder of the best Christmas ever with my family, especially my constant companion Penny.


I could go on and on about the fun we had...the things she learned, how she "helped" Grandma pull off the best celebration ever... The truth is I am missing that sweet baby so very much. I warned Kristen that it would be just a matter of time until Penny and I made a scene at the airport...and we did. She cried so hard, from the time they were loading the car for the trip to the airport...then when I had to put her in the stroller. She cried, "hold you, hold you!" and I couldn't comfort her, I was crying just as hard.


We came home to a very quiet house. Everywhere I go, I find little things that make me weepy. Silly old Grandma, I know, you've heard it before.

So I got as busy as my head full of snot allowed. We watched the Bears, oh bother! I had to walk away at the end, but I thought it was a great game. Strange things happen when these long time rivals meet. Kristen was knitting cozies for mason jars as Christmas gifts. I thought I would give it a try in crochet... That was my first attempt. I still have Christmas cards to open, gifts to put away. ( a couple I want to show you...) Thank you cards to write. I think I will wait for the Three Kings before I dismantle the decorations. Some of you were taking down your trees the day after Christmas. I still have a week or two of carols to listen to...

I am looking forward to a couple of days with my sweetheart who was badly neglected during the festivities. We will bring in the new year with Anderson Cooper, as to not spread my cold around.

Remember when the year 2000 seemed like science fiction? Now here were are...
2014! Where's my flying car?!

Wishing you all a very happy new year filled with health and happiness, prosperity, peace, and especially love! Enjoy this beautiful day!

Love, Penny



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Lynne said...

YES, fourteen years since 2000! Seems impossible doesn't it.

Love hearing about the "granny P and little P" moments! Just think, one day she will want to come and stay for a few weeks in the summertime. Fun to hope and dream isn't it!

I am wishing the sniffles away, out the door, GONE!

Happy New Year Penny . . .

Melanie said...

Didn't you catch a cold from Sweet P at Thanksgiving, too? Oh, the gifts she gives you! ;-) So heartbreaking when she has to leave. I think you might need a friend get-together soon to cheer you up. :-) {{hugs}}