Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Accidental Vignette, Thrifty Finds


This little vignette was quite accidental.  The crate I used in the display of our service projects and it was returned to me...I had left over ginger snaps from the pumpkin cheesecake, the wooden bowl was causing my drawer to be stuck, and that's also where the berries were found.  A jar of jelly from Mike and Amanda, a bird candle holder from Elizabeth...I walked by and thought it looked good enough for a photo.  I was really just cleaning up, that's the accidental part! 
Just a few thrifty things...  A pretty embroidered linen, two sweet bowls perfect for serving snacks and Carolyne Roehm's Summer Notebook.  I have three seasons of her books now...I am still looking for Winter.
 
 They have beautiful photography and with my love of all seasons, beautiful for display as the seasons change.
This one came from the Library book sale a few years back. Perfect to brighten up a gloomy day.
 A closer look...
these actually came from the St. Vincent DePaul store in Libertyville.  At 25% off, a dollar got me both and I got change!

It's October, a time I get a little melancholy. I miss the long days of summer already.  We are hoping to drive away the blues this month with some long rides in the country, hoping to find someone burning leaves.  To find a orchard with some crisp red apples, a sincere pumpkin patch... a bonfire or two.  What do you love about Autumn?  I'd like to know...  Please share in the comments.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

As usual, cute finds! I had never heard of those books that you collect. I looked for the winter one on half.com and there is one listed for only 75 cents! Just in case you're interested. You want to smell leaves burning, just come out this way. We can still burn on certain days of the week. Though we don't do it because the smoke gets in our house and makes me cough something fierce. Talk to you soon! xoxo

Our Hopeful Home said...

Lovely accidental vignette! Fall is my favorite season, although it does sadden me that our harsh winters are just around the corner. Enjoy it while you can. We'll be at the Wayne Day bonfire on Saturday. And I've been going cuckoo for apples this fall, too. Stop by for a few good recipes!
xoKathy