Friday, October 31, 2014

Autumn Tablescape


Setting a pretty table is what I do while my guy is watching football on a Sunday afternoon.  I've been collecting things for weeks, intending to make an autumn tablescape.  The first order of business, clean off the table.  That is sometimes the most daunting task.  Our kitchen table, rarely used for it's intended purpose, seems to collect the most clutter.

 I found the pretty leaf glasses at the Goodwill for a quarter a piece.
 The napkins and napkin rings were also a thrift find, as were the striped place mats.
 The pumpkin jar was a gift from Elizabeth last Thanksgiving. The pedestal is a Shabby Chic cast iron urn from Target years ago.  I have a pair and they are used in every season here at home.

 The quilted leaves I purchased years ago in a small town near Galena, Illinois. The leaf vine from Hannah's, a store in Antioch. bought just last year.
 The small bowls, another thrift store find.
 The tea light cups were an Ikea find a while back.
 Candlelight, looks and smells so good.
 I just love the colors, so warm and inviting.
My hubby and kids bought me this table and chairs when a local tea house went out of business.  A sweet Mother's Day gift I use every day.

This is how this old girl has fun!  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

P.S. I am not much for Halloween, but have a happy and safe trick or treat!

Penny

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I learned that TABLESCAPE word from you! Smile . . .

Melanie said...

Very pretty, Penny! :-)