Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Waiting for Spring


Though snow is on the ground, Spring is in the air. I've started to decorate for spring and for Easter. After Valentine's Day, when all the hearts are put away, I enjoy several days of naked walls. The mantle's empty, so are the glass bell and apothecary jars. For Easter they will be filled with pastel candies, fresh flowers and eggs of all sizes and colors. My favorites are robin's egg blue. Time to freshen up the house, starting in the kitchen. Next week a fresh coat of paint and some pretty accessories. It's the last minute rush before I am drawn outside again. The inside suffers when the outside blooms. Who can compete with the first warm days of spring? The fountain needs cleaning, as does the pond. One of my favorite Easter memories is of the fountain, literally bubbling over after the kids emptied their bubble liquid into it.

No comments: