Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Sunday and a Little Brunch

We had 26 guests to our annual Easter Sunday Brunch.  Only our son Jon had to work the holiday, but he was able to join us later in the afternoon.  Everything went smoothly, no fire, no flood (read last year's post) on time and bountiful!  I did pare down the menu a bit, since my aspirations did not match my energy levels.  Panera supplied the bread this year, though I did bake the Dutch oven bread for the blessing, and two side dishes were eliminated.  We still had enough food to feed an army, and everyone found something they liked... The only thing we ran out of was bacon...but no amount of crispy bacon is enough, right? 
 I sent home so many desserts, and still have some in the freezer and a half of a cheesecake!

 I love artichokes as flowers, everyone loved the look.
 Muffins and more muffins...
 My SIL Mindy brought me these adorable ducks...named Donald and Daisy by the little bird.
 Doug and Kris brought me the edible arrangement...
My SIL Elizabeth made this beautiful arrangement in a mini picnic basket...my favorite, hydrangea and those mossy carnations.  I collect picnic baskets, and dear Betty knows what I like!
Most of these photos are after the fact.  Someday I will remember to have someone photograph things before and not after.

Mary's Little Lambcake under glass.  One more Easter post to come.  Flowers, everyone brought me beautiful flowers...more tomorrow.

No comments: