Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Story...

Once upon a time, November 20th to be exact, my dearest one and I went to Mequon, Wisconsin to see Josh and Brent, aka The Beekman Boys at Josh's parent's Church. I told you about it in a post here...but I left out one bit of information. Why, I'm not sure...but here is the full story. I brought with me a gift for Josh and Brent. A pillow I made with the graphic above. (From the Graphics Fairy) There was something about it that I thought they might enjoy, and might fit in their historic mansion...somewhere. Possibly... Well, they were so very sweet when they opened the gift, and went on about how much they liked it. Later when we stood in line to have them autograph our Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook, Josh leaned in and said again how much he liked the pillow and how he had the perfect spot for it at home. Josh said, "I'm not just saying that I like it, I REALLY DO LIKE IT! " Then HUGS all round!!! It made me very happy to do something nice for Josh and Brent, and I didn't want to make it blog fodder...it was just such a sweet and special experience...

Fast forward to last week...Our darling daughter was visiting her allergist at lunchtime. She gave me a call from the street, just to say hi and let me know she had this appointment and was almost there. We said goodbye...and then a few minutes later Kris called me again. She said, "Mom you won't believe who I just saw!" It was Brent! He was hailing a cab and Kristen saw him and said, Hey!? It that?... So she said..."Brent?" and he turned around and smiled. They had a sweet conversation, where Kris said how much she enjoyed their show... and that her Mom, Penny (me!) had just seen them in Mequon and gave them a pillow... Brent said, "We love that pillow, and it's on a chair in our home. Say hello to your Mom for me!" They hugged right there on the street in Manhattan. First of all, what are the chances of Kristen seeing Brent and recognizing him?... In a city of millions!... Then to have him be just as warm and friendly on the street to our dear girl. And then to have our cosmopolitan NY daughter be so excited to meet him. I just had to chronicle it here.

I love when life gives you little gifts, just like this experience with Josh and Brent. Makes me smile remembering it, and so happy that Kristen got to meet Brent. The world seems a little smaller, a lot warmer and a little magical to me... Just the way the world should feel at Christmas.

Enjoy this beautiful day!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lynne said...

You said it, I copied it and I agree totally!
"Just the way the world should feel at Christmas."

Merry Christmas lovely, sweet lady . . .

Jill said...

This is so heartwarming! Just what I needed to hear this morning. Thank you!

Hot House Market said...

What a great story :) Too cute! Wishing you and your family a VERY Merry Christmas! <3 Carrie

The Feathered Nest said...

This is so wonderful Penny!!! I love the Beekman boys! I love that they love your gift too!!! How cool that your daughter saw Brent and he reminded her how much they love your pillow ~ such a neat story ~ wishing you a wonderful Christmas sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Heidi said...

Totally cool story! And totally cool pillow! You are such a sweety!
:)heidi

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

It's a small world after all.
:)

That is an awesome graphic for a pillow. I can see why they would love it Penny!

Merry Christmas friend!
xoxox
Alison