Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tiny Garden Therapy

 
Busy is my choice of medicine for my lonely heart.  Gardening in a very small scale is so much fun.  I've been collecting things for a tiny garden for a while.  I put them all together with some creeping thyme and a few dusty millers to make this sweet "baby" (Penny) garden.  Did you really think I was off topic?  Come on...I'm a first time grandma for gosh sakes! ;-)


 
The gazing ball is from my tiny greenhouse, and as I write this I just remembered I bought a tiny cloche.
I need to learn when to stop!


 
Gotta love the tiny tools and wheelbarrow.


 
Behind the gate.


 
My dear friend Jean brought by this too cute tin planter, to congratulate us on our beautiful grand daughter...Oh, you didn't know we were grandparents?  Sorry... we are just so in love! 

An inside day today.  The rain is helping all the flowers I planted get settled, and the pumpkins, the zucchini and the cherry tomatoes.  Now to deal with the weeds I've still to tackle, and the beds that still need attention... when it stops raining!  Have a great day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

I adore your garden! Miniture gardening is so much fun!

Debby said...

Aren't these little gardens so much fun. I want to do more. Hoping I can find another little house at the Wine and Ats Festival when I get back home. Hope the vendor is there. The houses are tripled at the garden center. Love yours. The gazing ball......the tools.....all so cute.
Love your gift.
I was so excited for my first granddaughter. I was even telling the McDonalds worker at the drive thru wndow. Anyone that would listen, hah.
Just enjoy this feeling.

Lynne said...

You keep telling us about "Little Penny" and send photos too! You have that right . . .

Love your little garden, wheel barrow, garden tools, tiny house, gazing ball . . .

The tin cup gift is so sweet . . .

Who have you told you are a grandmother, (besides blog land.). SMILE . . .