Friday, February 22, 2013

The Long Way Home

 
To say it was hard leaving this little one would be an understatement.  I kissed her a hundred times, and she let me.  I really think that she was sad too.  She has velvet soft cheeks, and the bluest eyes that are wise beyond her months.  Kris and Doug are great parents, but for the most part are on their own.  I'll never be happy with them there in NY so far away from us.  When I am there I miss everyone I have to leave here, our sons, the little bird and baby bug, Elizabeth, my bro Greg and family, all my my brothers and their families, my friends. My hope (and prayer) is that...well you know what it is.  Until then...

 
It was a long, long way home...I cried in every state.

 
Saw this sign on the way home...on the other side of the road.

 
I was still weepy when the sun set...

 
as the distance between sweet Penny and me became greater and greater.  I stopped  crying when we hit bad weather in Indiana, and prayed for a safe return before the rain turned to snow.  We drove all the way through...13+ hours.  It was great to be home!  My sweet boys were there to greet us...with big hugs, cards and gifts for my birthday.  There's no place like home.  That night, we slept like teenagers. (Have you ever tried to wake a sleeping teenager?)

Now that the car is unpacked, the laundry is done and the dishes are done, so to speak, I want to tell you about what awaited me when I got home...  More tomorrow!

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jill said...

Bless your sweet Grandma's heart...I can only imagine how hard it was to leave her. *HUGS*