Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Potting Plants and other fun...

 
I love this combination...plumosa fern, maidenhair fern, wire vine, baby tears
and soft pink inpatients in a galvanized tub. This is already my favorite. 
Notice the sad state of my lawn under the maple.  I will plant seed yet again...


 
Flanking the deck stairs two big pots...  Bacopa, long trails of tiny white flowers, pink wave petunias, blue salvia and the tiny pink daisy is a new one to me. 

 
Hosta and inpatients...

 
I must have marigolds!  I pay no attention to them all summer...but in the fall, stand back and watch the show. When everything else has finished blooming, they are the stars.   I also happen to love the fragrance.

 
These hens and chickens came back...

 
These did not! One of the kid's Doc Martins from long ago.

 
Again blue salvia, marigolds and dusty miller...tiny cloche and angel.

 
Dad's bait can.  He had it long before I was born.  My brothers and I can only remember one time Dad went fishing. I punched some holes in the bottom a couple of years ago.  Dad wouldn't mind.
Makes me remember that when Dad was in the deep grip of dementia, he looked at the mantle that I had decorated and said, "Penny would love that..."  Even though he had no idea who I was, he remembered that I loved beautiful things. He did too...  Remembering you today Daddy!

 
Rosemary, sage and thyme in my hypertufa pot.

 
More marigolds and blue salvia.

 
Loving this wire vine...

 
Pops of red!

 
Still to plant...see my red garden clogs...

 
Self portrait in the tiny gazing ball... 

If we had no winter,
the spring would not be so pleasant;
if we did not sometimes taste adversity,
prosperity would not be so welcome.
Anne Bradstreet

Enjoy this beautiful day my friends and thanks for stopping by...


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Busy little bee you have been! Creating is such fun, isn't it!
Love the old boots . . . and some new life . . .

Our Hopeful Home said...

You hit 100! Congrats! And thanks for sharing all those pretty plants. It was like memory lane for me. My mom always had marigolds, and I remember those little donkey tails, too! I just had to buy some baby tears myself the orhter day, they reminded me of when I was little. Now lets see if I don't kill 'em! I'm sure yours will thrive. Oh, and love that bucket. What a treasure!

Melanie said...

I've told you that great minds think alike...I did flower planting today, too! I love your galvanized tub and your dad's bait bucket. Too funny that you love the scent of marigolds...I just wrote a blog post and was saying how I didn't like that scent! I think it actually repels mosquitoes, lol.