Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Little Show and Tell, Christmas Style/Beekman Style


Kristen went to the Beekman 1802 pop up store in Manhattan for my gifts!  Did you happen to watch the 24 hours of Josh and Brent as they shared their last shipping day before Christmas on YouTube?  This was the second year, so now it's a holiday tradition.  Throughout the day and night they broadcast from the Beekman 1802 flagship store in Sharon Springs, New York as they pack and ship orders from all over the world.  All of the population of Sharon Springs shows up, from the artisans to the friendly and funny neighbors.  So entertaining, I watched for hours while preparing, wrapping, cleaning and cooking.   All I can say is that I love these guys so much!  They are so kind and genuine, mad talented and funny as heck! Kris gave me the concord grape jelly, awesome PB&J sandwiches are coming right up, and this cool tin 1802 cup.  My girl knows what I like and she is also a friend of Josh and Brent.  The great success of Beekman 1802 is so deserved. Josh and Brent have changed so many lives in Sharon Springs by employing local artisans. Thank you Kris,  for supporting our boys by purchasing these cool gifts.  I love my original baby girl!


 As far as deserving, I am not deserving of all the wonderful gifts I received this Christmas. I have the sweetest and most generous family and friends.   This bowl is the prettiest green and has a matching platter!

 Books and Bowls,  French casseroles and ramekins...


A pretty reversible runner. Candles and dishtowels, pump soaps, hand lotions, gift cards, an embarrassment of riches.  How do I begin to thank everyone for their generosity and love? It's overwhelming the love I feel on a daily basis, and it overflows at the holidays.  I am so very fortunate, spoiled really!  Thanks to every one for everything big and small and for all the love and the hugs!

To rap up my Christmas posts I have to mention my dearest.  The generosity shown by my husband is nothing short of astounding.  Without thinking of himself, he made sure that every one's Christmas was amazing. From the expense of hosting the holiday for the whole family to making sure everyone got home. Shopping for our sweet p and all the kids..  Trips to the airport, picking up food and being my constant support. Working early in the morning and late at night to be available to help me in any way. He loved and supported me in all my endeavors.  I don't know what I did to deserve this guy, but I thank the Lord each and everyday that he is mine and I am his! He put the Love in our Christmas, and is so often forgotten. Mom bakes the cookies and decorates the tree, but Dad makes it all possible with his hard work!  Thank you honey.  Love you so!

Not sure I want to see the season go, but since the Three Wise Guys, as our dear friend George used to say, have arrived, it's time to move on to the next happy thought...My babygrand, in sweet home Chicago!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Such a beautiful, kind, thankful heart you are Penny.
Beautiful thoughts, words . . .