Friday, January 23, 2015

The Subject Was Roses


Funny how a topic pops into your mind.  The Subject Was Roses...where did that phrase come from.
Thank goodness for Google.  It was the name of a movie that came out in 1968...when I was thirteen years old, but stuck in my brain somewhere. Today when I looked at my guest room, at all the roses, on the bedding, wall, lampshade and curtains that's what came to mind.  So I looked through by images and found ROSES...
 Water colored...
 with French verse...
in an advertisement...


...or maybe it was just this rug I bought at Ikea last night...

On a mission for dear Kristen we picked up a TV stand and 2 night stands.  On the way out I saw this rug that last week was reduced to about $10, now reduced to under $6. Had the perfect place for it.  Then I picked up a tray of cinnamon rolls, $4...amount actually saved on said rug...NADA!  With the movers coming today, they may need a snack... purchase justified!

Finally this reminds me of a song, I Won't Send Roses...

I won't send roses, or hold the door
I won't remember, which dress you wore
My heart is too much in control
The lack of romance in my soul
Will turn you gray kid
So stay away kid
Forget my shoulder, when you're in need
Forgetting birthdays is guaranteed
And should I love, you would be the last to know
I won't send roses
and roses suit you so...

That last line kills me!

Now another totally random thing...After I looked up the lyrics to the song I wanted to know who wrote it. His name is Jerry Herman and the song was used in a musical called Mack and Mabel.  The stars of that play, Bernadette Peters and Robert Preston. WOW! Love them both. So now I am listening to Robert Preston sing it on itunes!  I am awed and amazed by technology, the world is really at our fingertips.  Thanks Al Gore! :-)

Have a great weekend my friends and enjoy this beautiful day.  

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Such fun you are . . . off on a Rose whirl weren't you!