Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Sunny Patch of Lavender


On the south side of my home is a sunny patch.  Not much wants to grow there.  The lawn is sparse, the weeds creep round.  It's home to my Lavender and it just loves that sunny patch.
For years I grew lavender, only to replace the plants each year.  Then I tried planting them on the most infertile ground, the driest and sunniest spot.  Here it thrives.
This is all from one plant.  The other plant was disturbed by some work done close by last year, but it is coming back.

 Now what to do?
 First I picked out all the vines and grass,

spread it on the table... It smells so good... In the past I've made wands, sachets and bouquets to share.
I will let you know what I come up with.  Until then, the rest of the garden calls.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Can't wait to see what you will do with your Lavender. I love mine, but it's not quite ready to pick. It's really not in the right place, in the morning it's still in the shade, but apart from that it grows well .

Lynne said...

Looking forward to see what you create.
Can you brings sprigs in put them in a vase with water . . . Or do they really do better left to dry.