Monday, June 1, 2015

June is Bustin' Out All Over

What says June better than peonies.  I am so happy to have them successfully growing in my garden.  It's been many years of nursing this one plant.  I've tried to plant others without success.
 The fragrance takes me back to our very first yard of our own.  My Mom loved her little piece of earth.  Seemed every yard on our block had peonies.
 The flowers so complicated, layered and lush.
The buds, even the leaves.  How in the world do these come out of our plain dark earth?
 A little guy I disturbed in the clover.  He posed, wings held high and proud.
Our little fairy garden.  Planted with moss and a creeping plant from dear Kelly.  Kindness runs in that family, Kelly is my friend Jean's darling daughter.
It's always party time in the fairy garden.

After a quiet weekend, (one day 80 degrees, the next 40 wet and freezing, yikes!)  I am doing much better. Grateful for the healing powers of our amazing human body, my knees are better everyday.  It's still gloomy and cool today, with the promise of a clearer, warmer week ahead.  Looking forward to the month of  June and all the joys of summer. Hope all is well with you my friends.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Debby said...

Glad those knees are better. Love the fairy garden. I have that banner on the posts, or some thing similar. Beautiful flowers. I love how they smell.

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Penny and love your peonies!!! Mine are not open yet but I have the felling they will be in a day or so! Seeing yours has given me hope :) I look forward to seeing what else your garden yields, take care and have a wonderful day!
Tina xo

Lynne said...

Beautiful Peonies . . . Oh my they are gorgeous!
I have been commenting, but they aren't going through!
One more try . . .