Monday, January 28, 2019

Snow and Cold, My Kind of Weather.


 For a winter that was predicted to have little snow, 
no one obviously inquired to Mother Nature 
on how she wanted things to go.


 We've had beautiful snows.  Crisp clear beautiful days. 


 The snow is drifting in the garden, 
without a footprint or animal track.  
I guess the coyote is somewhere in his den. 


The shrubs are weighed down by the fluffy stuff.

"Kindness is like snow- It beautifies everything it covers."
-Kahlil Gibran



 We did get out for a small grocery run and a much needed thrift therapy session.
I found this sweet yo yo pillow.  I made my Mom a yo yo quilt almost forty years ago.  I have it now and it needs some repair.  All those little circles, cutting, basting, gathering each, takes some time. Then attaching all those yo yo's together.  I think it was a dollar well spent.



 Then, my two dollar quilt.  All those hexagons, not easy to piece. 
 Both Kris and Penny loved it.
I'm sure that it will find a home with Penny, 
who loves a orphan quilt as much as grandma.


 A sneak peek at the afghans I just finished for our twins. 
They are made with Red Heart Ombre yarn 
in the corner to corner pattern.  
I found directions for the edging on the Internet.  
It finished them off perfectly, 
a great solution to the unusual edge of the pattern.  
Plus, it ties the afghans together.  
Just like I'm sure our girls will be, similar but each unique.
  

The theme for the shower is Two Peas in a Pod.
I copied a seed packet, shrunk it down to fit a little bag of peas.
(A small green chocolate candy.)

It will be here before we know it.  This Grandma is ready.


I'm still hanging on to the sparkle of the holidays. 
 My dearest is too.  When he is the first one downstairs, 
he's the one who plugs them in. 
(Makes us both happy;-)
 The dining room table has become shower central 
with so many projects still to be completed.


Finally,
In the Wonderful News Department...
  Our dear friend Jean is in remission. 
This is the best possible news for all of us who love her. 
As Jean continues to heal, I send her my love, 
and know that everyday, things will get better.

"The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
-Hubert Humphrey

Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny




1 comment:

Nancy's Notes said...

What beautiful photographs of that glorious snow! Living in our part of Texas, we don't see it much at all. I love snow! I was just telling my husband last night, let's go somewhere and see snow! Oh, you are so talented, that is one amazing quilt. I've never heard of a yo yo quilt!
Stay warm and enjoy those twinkling lights!
Nancy