Monday, March 4, 2019

Today was a good day...


 This cold weather is getting me down, but there is still good everyday, even with a -14 wind chill.
My geraniums are blooming, such a pleasant contrast to the cold outside.  The sun is shining!

 It's so much easier to bear any burdens on a sunny day.

 This could be a root or could be a sprout on my orchid.  My SIL Elizabeth brings home all the orphaned plants from work, then shares them with her family and friends. Seems everyone has had a blooming orchid.  My green thumb only extends to the outdoors...with the exception of my geranium, who likes me. My hope springs eternal.

A few of the gardening gifts from my birthday, ready to go.  We still have all of March, all of April, and at least two weeks in May according to the zone 5A growing map. 
 By then, we will also have two little sprouts of the baby kind. 
We helped the parents to be with computer issues, (my dearest computer guy) and with getting the girl's room in order. Those girls have literally hundreds of socks!  Thanks to Grandma Roseann, a beautiful chest of drawers that will hold them, and all their other clothes.

 While my regular Monday chores wait, I started to paint a few boards.  Where this spurt of creativity came from, I don't know.  I hope to make a few signs, something I saw by a talented artist, but easy enough that I might be able to make also.  We will see.

 My darling babygrand insists on calling my dress form Esmeralda, when her proper name is Elise, like Elise McKenna in Somewhere in Time.  Funny, because my Dad called our Kris and me Esmeralda occasionally. I was putting these roses away and thought they would be a beautiful addition to my little vignette.  I have to clean my sewing room before moving Elise there.

 My eyes are bad and I do not see the frayed edges of the flowers until I look at the photos.
Soon new glasses! 

 Little spots of spring.


 After removing the Valentine's decorations, 
there is a cleansing moment, 
and a slow cleaning and decorating for Spring and Easter.

 Paper Source Peony Kit from a few years ago. It goes everywhere, including a stint on the front door.
It's just paper, but has not faded or come apart. 

 A gift from my daughter.  These succulents I will not kill, they are faux.  

Click on it to enlarge.

Have you seen this post on facebook?  It's been posted a few times, and I hope that you'll read it if you haven't already.  It's about attitude and perspective. When I read it first on Maria Shriver's page, I though, what's up?  She is always so positive and encouraging.  Then you get to the bottom.  Today was a good day!


 Elizabeth knows my affection for Smokey.  She found me this old comic. 



This Wednesday starts Lent.  Just weeks till Easter.
I have already had my first paczki.  
We wait for the Spring, most importantly for our girls safe and healthy arrival.
For the new parents to be, we've got your backs.  
The whole lot of us are baby crazy, and can't wait to help.
Jon and Charlotte are so ready. 
 They are experienced baby wranglers,
 and the sweetest, funniest and most loving couple.  

Grateful as always for our many blessings.

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Today Was A Good Day
Liked it . ..

I like creative spurts too . . .
Looking forward to seeing your finished paintings.

Exciting times ahead with the new babies on the way.
How many weeks is she . . . due in spring sometime, I remember.

I am getting weary with this non green weather . . .
We’ve had more snow, all day today and into the night.
Spring has to be getting ready to sprout!

TODAY Was A Good Day

Our Hopeful Home said...

Well hello old friend, how ARE you? Just very serendipitous that I started scrolling through my Blogger reading list (which I have not done in what feels like a century) and saw your post. Love that poem! Spring and Easter reminds me of our Easter Egg hunts and when you all came to share one with us. Believe it or not our oldest is a freshman at Bradley University and our middle daughter just committed to U of I Champaign-Urbana! Our "youngest" is a sophomore in high school. At least we'll still have him for a few more years....but they ARE fleeting! So happy to see that your family is still growing and that everyone seems to be well. I feel your pain about the weather, you know I do! Please give my best to your hero and stay warm until spring (whenever THAT is). And blessings on the new additions! xo Kathy