Monday, October 28, 2019

Magic

 The magical light of Autumn, right outside my back door.  

"I am sure there is Magic in everything, 
only we have not sense enough to get hold of it
 and make it do things for us." 
-Francis Hodgson Burnett

 Add a few ingredients, and glue turns into slime. 
Tinker with the recipe, you get silly putty.
Add glitter glue and extra glitter you make magic!

 Flamingos appear on a lawn, on a crisp autumn day. 
What!?

 Grandpa's hat. 
That in it self is magical, 
put it on a granddaughter and it's enchanted.


 Can she make lasagna?  Of course she can!  A lesson that was fun and delicious.

 The magic of a friend, so sweet and caring.  Socks for me and my girls, which is so generous, but to buy them from a company that matches every purchase with a equal donation to the homeless...
No matter how many times I sing the praises of Jean and Tom, it's never enough.
Thank you so much.  

 Home.  
The walls hold memories.  
See the tree how big it's grown... The opening line to a song my Mom loved. 
 "Honey, I miss you, and I'm being good 
and I'd love to be with you if only I could."

 A perfect day after a string of windy, rainy weather.  


 A magical Larch.  It's odd and unusual, one of a
 kind in English Valley.  One of my favorite trees.


 Texted my BFF in California, asking about the fires and if they were in danger.  It's so hard to talk in the past tense about my guy.  Sue sent this photo reminding me that he is always with me. Sue was there from the very start and thought I was crazy to be so in love with this guy we just met.  She was right I was crazy, but magically, so was he.


 Oh my girls.  Pure love, the best magic.  



A Sunday walk with my girls, priceless!

The treat bags are filled and I have my costume, a kindly retiree.;-)
I don't really do Halloween, but I will be waiting for the Great Pumpkin 
in the most sincere pumpkin patch I can find.

Thanks for stopping in and for your kindness.

Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny


1 comment:

Lynne said...

Liking your bits of magic Penny.
I finally found an orange shirt to wear.
It says, “Frequent Flyer” and there is a witch on it.
Made me giggle.
I do know how difficult it is to get in the swing of things
when ones heart is broken.
I am proud of you . . . putting one foot ahead of the other.
Hope you’ll enjoy some BOO and CHOCOLATE on Thursday!
Love, love . . .
lynne