Monday, November 18, 2019

One Warm Thought



 As November flies by, I am making some progress at home and in my heart.  I am comforted by happy times with my girls.  Getting to spend time with the grand babies and my Penny has helped immensely. They are happiness personified.  They don't mind my tears, and like talking about Grandpa.  There is actually little time for sadness when they are here.  When they leave I am pretty tired, and count my blessings.  What would Grandpa think of these rascals?  They would have him smiling and laughing for sure.

Progress on the guest room.  Painted, new carpet and curtains.  I purchased a new mattress and box spring and brought up the frame and assembled it myself.  The rest of the furnishings came from around the house, including the bedding and lamps.  That's a thrifted quilt.  Embroidered and with prairie points.  So pretty.  Still to find a headboard and put on the dust ruffle.      


 It is a bright and cheerful space.

 I painted this dresser when Penny was a baby.  A hand me down from my dear pal Jean.  It is filled with crafting supplies, but after the holidays, I will get organized and find another space for my stuff.

 My girl was under the weather.  I set her up in a cozy spot, complete with hot chocolate. 

 Looking at memories of Novembers past, this photo made me smile.  We were making pierogi for Thanksgiving. Circa 2010.  This might inspire me to make some for this Thanksgiving.  Though any pierogi I make will not have the precise crimping this guy excelled in. ;-)   


 Another memory, this one from 2013.  Pass the memories.  That's how Josh and Brent signed our cookbook.  


As memories come, I have some of the best and happiest.   I've decided,  instead of dreading the holidays, I will celebrate them, as best I can.

"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money."
Thomas Jefferson

Sending warm and healing thoughts to my friend Lynne at Irish Garden House.
Take care dear Lynne, be kind and patient with yourself as you heal.  Love you! 

Thank you for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

3 comments:

babs said...

Dear sweet Penny. You are amazing.....I admire your strength. Thankful that you are able to move forward and relish the memories. Tyke is with your being and it shows. Blessings to you in these upcoming days.

Melanie said...

Let those tears and sweet memories come, my dear friend. I'm glad your grandchildren help with the healing process through your grief journey.

Your guest room is looking so pretty. If I ever run away from home, I'll know where to go. ;-)

xoxo

Lynne said...

Penny . . .
Sweet dear heart!
I needed you today.
I was having a dreary feel sad day for myself, I guess.
Mostly, I was feeling uninspired to get a post out and then
I saw a sweet message on my Thanksgiving, (before surgery), post,
and saw a sweet message from Melanie.
It snapped me out of my doldrums and sent me off to find you.

Look at you, cheering me up, inspiring me to ”get with it!”
How sweet you have created your spare bedroom.
I loved seeing that picture of ”your love.”!
What a smile and a tease. A jewel of a person!
May memories and love surround you these next days and weeks.
I will be thinking of you . . . and caring.
May God Bless you with Tyke’s warmth . . . and his deep love for you.
Enjoy crimping those Pirogi’s . . . (did I spell it right?)
love
lynne