Monday, February 10, 2020

Do Everything With Love


The January craft wave was late this year.  February has found me crafting and sewing, and I have to say, it feels good to create again.


 It was this wreath that started it...This one kit that I found at the thrift turned out so well, that I got some supplies together and made three more.  One for each of my girls, Kristen, Charlotte and Amanda. Penny and I never got the chance to work on it together, so I had time to play with it.
I sent the Paper Source hearts through the Big Shot (die cutting system) with a embossing folder.
It was just the something extra it needed.


This heart has seen many Valentine Days.  Bought from Abbey Press.  I just looked it up and it is out of business now.  It was where we Catholic girls found faith based objet d'art back in the day.  One of my very favorite decorations for 'tines day.

 I've made dozens of pillow cases but none for my little girls Stevie and Irene.  Now we can have pillow fights, and we did.  Stevie swings a mean pillow.  


The pillows are small and easy to carry.  I also used then under their heads while changing diapers, now done on the floor because they are just too wiggly and strong for Grandma.  Of course I made a full sized one for big cousin Penny. 

 This fabric is so pretty and not too Valentiny.


My first Moon shot!  I am not of steady hand, so it was very difficult to keep it in the frame.
I'll keep learning about my camera and Jon's going to set me up with a tripod for shots like this one. 
Pretty cool! 


These two move at the speed of sound.  
Hard to get a photo when they are not in motion.  
Such little loves.    


A few hearts with charms from Tim Holtz.  


He's got the best stuff for stamping and crafting.


I wasn't kidding when I called this a wave.  Here are eight pillowcases, almost finished.  They were made with a King sized sheet I found brand new at the thrift for $4.00!


Shout out again to Tim Holtz who designed this fabric.  I've been keeping it for a something special.  I guess that being creative again is reason enough.


Laura Ashley!  Just so pretty and simple.


There's those hearts again.


When I was finished with the wreaths I had some hearts left over, thus a garland. Sewn on the machine.

"We need love and creative imagination to do constructive work."
-Paula Ollendorf

 We still have snow on the ground.  In fact, it snowed like crazy Sunday.  Had a house full this weekend including a brother's old fashioned sleep over.  Jon and Mike ordered food and watched movies like the old days.  It was great having them both home.  Amanda came for breakfast and the rest of the gang came for dinner.   
Grateful they love each other so much and love and care for me so well. 


 I have a a few more pillowcases to sew for my nieces in St. Louis.  Daddy Tyler and Mom Tracy have a food truck and when I saw this fabric, I had to get some for the girls.



Happy Valentine's Day to all.
"Be good to yourself, be excellent to others and do everything with love,"
-John Wolf


My Love
"If ever two were one, surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, 
then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women,
if you can."
-Anne Bradstreet

Thank you for stopping by and for your kindness always.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Good Morning, Afternoon, Early Evening Penny . . .
Valentines Day can certainly bring out the craft, paint ideas can’t it!
For me anyway, looks like you too!
Love that you are still making pillow cases.
Cute idea for the two littles, bet you’ll find them carrying around their little pillows.
Babies are certainly not babies for long. How fast the twins have grown!

This post of yours made me think about years ago,
and about how “my guy and me” would celebrate.
I remember purchasing cards, the kind he liked to give
and signing his name like he would. On our anniversary date
I usually did something the two of us enjoyed doing together.
Like going to an auction or an estate sale.
Or goIng to a movie . . .
Keeping our love alive, doing the things we liked
always made me feel better. Even through some tears.
I hope you’ll do something on Valentines Day that
reminds you of the days of just you and Tyke.
Many a fragrance, a sound, a song, music, a walk.
Keeping love memories alive is good for ones heart.

Love and hugs my friend . . .