Monday, March 2, 2020

March


Your house is your larger body.
It grows in the Sun and sleeps in the stillness of the night,
and it is not dreamless. Does not your house dream? 
and dreaming, leave the city for grove or hilltop?
-Kahlil Gibran


I think our house is perfectly happy right where it is, 
with the family and friends contained in it's walls.
The joys and sadness experienced here make it 
more special to us all.  A place of warmth and comfort, 
where babies play and children learn.
A place where grownups lose
some of the responsibilities of being grownup.
A place where Mom is, with beautiful memories of Dad. 
 A ho-made dinner and a couple of store bought pies
 to celebrate two wonderful men, 
my son Jonathan and my SIL Doug.


 Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.
-William Cowper (1731-1800)
Perfect pink tulips from the grocery.


The first time drawing.  Stevie made dots, lots and lots of dots.



A thoughtful moment for Irene, should I color or should I eat this?


These little ones, I love them so much.  My baby grands love me right back and I am so grateful.  
Down on the floor, first they rip off my glasses.  
I am laughing so hard, I yell to Auntie Kristen, take a photo!


A beautiful gift from my creative pal Mary Ann.  
I have mentioned a few friends here,
but I don't think I've ever written about Mary Ann.
We met years ago when I helped her with a project. The rest is history, a friendship was forged.
We've made so many gift baskets for Mary Ann's charitable 
causes over the years, we are a well oiled machine. 
Mary Ann has a knack for gathering things that all go together 
to make a beautiful basket for a charity auction.
All I have to do is show up, and arrange the basket contents in a pleasing way.
Anyway, Mary Ann has been a comfort to me in the nine months since I lost my dearest.
(How is that even possible, nine months?)  
Every few days, a text message, saying she is thinking and praying for me...and she hasn't stopped.
She continues to be a caring and comforting reminder to me that I am not alone.
I have the blessing of so many good and true friends like Mary Ann, some I've mentioned, but many others who have stepped up and took caring a step further. You know who you are...
I thank you all so very much.

Thank you for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny




2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that saying by Kahlil Gabran that you posted. And your home is definitely one that is filled with so many good memories and a LOT of love. It is heartwarming to know you are surrounded by your children and their spouses and those beautiful grandchildren!

Always thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.
xoxo
Melanie

Lynne said...

Seeing you on the floor laughing, playing.
And the little loves right there with you . . .
No doubt about it . . . LOVE.

(I am reminded of the first time I saw LOL . . .
I immediately thought Lots of Love . . .
Until someone corrected me, Laugh Out Loud! )

Not sure why I thought of this, maybe because your giggling, laughing
sure looked like ”lots of love, laughing out loud!”

Nine months . . . wow . . . Barbie and I mentioned you yesterday and
saying, thinking how inspiring you have been in your going forward,
carrying on.

Keeping you in our love and caring Penny!