Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrifted Yarn Prayer Shawl

I found this large cone of yarn at a St. Vincent De Paul Shop in Wisconsin, and used it with two strands of white baby weight yarn to crochet this prayer shawl.

Just a thin pink threadlike yarn gives this shawl it's soft color.

I worked this cornflower stitch with a large size hook.

This pattern is from a book by Wanda Bonando, called Crocheting.  It was originally published in Italian in 1978.  I found my copy at a rummage sale, but it is still available on Amazon.  If you love crochet, this book has everything, including a history of needlework that is interesting. This pattern is so great because the sides have a scalloped look...it looks complicated but is so easy. If you are interested in this pattern, let me know.  I hope if you're a crocheter, you'll try this pretty stitch.  I'd love to see what you make with it!  Have a great day!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: