Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crafting...Like Crazy

I'm Penny and I have a problem...too much to do, so little time until Thanksgiving. My office/studio will be needed for guests during the Thanksgiving festivities. I need to clean all surfaces, including the floor (you can't really see the floor right now...) before Tuesday!

Problem is, I'm in a tizzy...a full blown crafting binge. I'm making tags, and cards...fabric transfers...sewing pillows...upholstering a footstool, spray painting glass...crocheting, and I still have sewing to do for Guild! The good news is all my Thanksgiving shopping is finished except for the fresh fruits and vegetables. The house is in good order...New bed in guest bedroom, check...master bathroom, foo fooed and functioning, check. Patio cleaned and items storeddddd....well, not everything is done...we still have a weekend, well, a Saturday for that!

This is the faux mercury glass technique I learned on youtube. I said I was spray painting! This is how you do it. Glass vessel, small amount of water in the bottom. Spray silver spray paint onto the surface of the water. Swish the water around so it covers the sides of the glass. Empty the water. While the glass was still wet, I sprayed some paint inside the top edges to cover.

Isn't it cool. This was just metallic silver, but there is also a mirror silver spray paint. This is a chunky piece of glass, but I think on something more delicate it would look even more like real mercury glass.
How about those clear glass ornaments...

Did I mention we could have up to thirty people for dinner on Thanksgiving? Oh no, I was too busy crafting;-) More to show you soon! Have a great day!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

30 people?? good gravy Penny...put down the glue stick and walk away....

lol

Free Art Printables said...

Wow.. I think crafting is way more important than getting ready for 3 people. I love that distress ink!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Wow! Just a small group for Thanksgiving, then? SO funny, I just featured someone who taught me how to do the whole mercury glass thing. I just bought the spray paint (mirror glass) and can't wait to get started! Good luck with all your stuff!

xoxo
Kathy

Lynne said...

I forgot to tell you Penny, Jack and I decided to come for dinner as well. I hope that won't be a problem. Is there anything I could bring? Do you think you would have time to do some faux mercury glass with me if I bring some glass? It shouldn't take too long . . . SMILE SMILE SMILE

Enjoy a wonderful time with your family Penny. You are a such a good soul and I hope everyone will be grateful and thankful for YOU too!

I am . . .