Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Since You Asked...

One of my friends and frequent commenter Lynne, asked about my header.

Well... I choose this photo as my header, first, because I really like it, it was a one photo thing I just took on the fly. I kept coming back to it as I looked through my limited (at the time) supply of my own photos. The beautiful blue sky and the cloud enhanced the curves and the leaves of the arbor. It spoke to me. Second, it has no season...it could be winter, spring, summer or autumn...it still fits. As my life revolves around the seasons, and our motto is, Love is an Endless Season, it seems right! This arbor would be mine if it didn't have a price tag of $500! It sits at a garden center in Wisconsin. It's been there a couple of years. It's back in the garden center now, when I took the header photo, it was out in front.
The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be, as you can see in these photos I took of her recently.

Mother Nature is harsh in the great white north of Wisconsin.

She's slowly rusting in the sun. Since I like rust, I think she is still a beauty!

Now, she seems a part of me, just like my blog does. I hope that when you see this, my header,
you'll think of me and my little creative space I call,
At Home in English Valley.

Thanks Lynne for asking!  Happy November my friends... Have a great day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynne said...

As I look at my blogs I have listed in my iPad, yours pops up first, no doubt because of the alphabetical of the "At Home . . ." I agree, it speaks of all seasons. Where in Wisconsin is the garden center?

Thank you for mentioning me . . . I am SO happy I asked!