Friday, November 2, 2012

A Full House

Thank goodness everyone didn't show up to last night's Guild meeting at my house...We filled it up with 14 members, everyone was comfortable and we got a lot of work accomplished.  I didn't take a photo, but just imagine a room full of the most generous, kind and wonderful women a person could know...
That's my guild sisters!
These are a few photos of some WIP's...  I loved this fleece pattern, looks like toile.  I was trying to match the navy blue knit cuffs I found a while back.  Remember when you could go into any fabric store and purchase those cuffs or yardage you purchased by the inch?  I snapped up the two packages I found at a Ben Franklin in Wisconsin. 

Never too old for a cozy throw...someone will get this for his birthday next week after I crochet a manly edge on it. ;-) 

Home made mittens I need to decorate, they will have some lace and a floral arrangement in them and will be for hanging on the wall...I'm going vintage on these babies!

Speaking of vintage... While cleaning I found this bowl...A $500.00 ash tray, what my Dad used to call all the things I made in High School art classes.  He was actually a big fan of my arts and crafts, but my parents wanted me to go to a public high school.  With 5 kids and my brothers already Catholic High School graduates, they thought I would be fine in a city public high school, and they would save some $$.  Little did they know that all my friends were testing at Alvernia...the local all girl Catholic High School, tuition, $500 (or something like that) a year!  (1970's pricing!) 

At Alvernia, I found the amazing School Sisters of St. Francis,  A progressive order, amazing women!  Sister Anne taught art.  I took drawing, ceramics, enameling and metals, calligraphy and blossomed under her guidance.  That's where I tinkered this aluminum bowl over 40 years ago.  It's not much to look at, but oh the memories it invokes! 

Have a great weekend my friends, I've got some crocheting to do!

Posted by Picasa


Lynne said...

Happy you enjoyed your guild sisters and that you accomplished some things.

Love the hammered aluminum bowl . . . tucked away, now found, do you have some plans for it?

I just came inside for a break from the leaves. Out at 11:00, in at 4:30, rested now and back I go.

Quite a sight I was under a huge Norway Spruce . . . I was blowing the leaves from under the tree and tripped on the cord and went down on my rump . . . (smile)

I don't think the neighbors saw me!

Happy November!
Love, Lynne

Debby said...

Sounds like it was fun. I like the guitars. My son would like that. Have a great week-end.