Thursday, November 1, 2012

November First!

 
As the sun set on Halloween, the trees lit up and the sky was watercolor blue.  I am amazed at how quickly the  colors change in autumn.  I could not get out of the house fast enough to get the peak of these colors.
The shadows make the colors more intense.

 
Waiting for the little ghosts and goblins to ring my door bell, I made this little garland.
I saw it on Pinterest from a site called Life is a Party. (Sorry, I can't find the link)
She sewed her leaves together.


 
I xyroned one leaf and covered it with another to make mine.  Our trick or treat time is short in our village, so my garland isn't very long. I used the die cutter to make uniform leaves.

 
I was looking through the October issue of Martha Stewart Living and saw this photo.  It's been a very long time since I saw such an amazing idea in a magazine. A entire wall covered in vintage photographs!!!! Jeffrey Moss has got it going on!
I so want to do this somewhere in my house. 

 
I got the issue at my library and wish I had a copy of my own.  I wonder how he started...one photo, ten photos?  If you get the chance, check out the October issue...it knocked my socks off!!!

Entertaining two dozen beautiful women tonight.  Wish me luck!  Have a great day my friends!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like a good issue of MS....I will look for it.
2 dozen women......good luck.

Lynne said...

Two dozen omen . . . sure sounds fun to me.

( Remind me to tell you about my idea of photo collections from the past.)