Friday, November 9, 2012

Getting It Together

 
I'm getting things together for our auction and sale, after weeks of puttering around the craft room.  All kinds of things needed  finishing touches.  Some things still need to be priced, but otherwise finished.
Here are a few of the things I made... I papered these matchboxes, found a few vintage photo tags that I attached with photo corners.


 
I got these cute little felt bags at Target last year.  They hold a crocheted washcloth and a bar of Yardley English Lavender Soap.  It smells so good.  Wrapped in some vintage sheet music with a glittered snowflake, tied up with string...I filled the bags with shredded dictionary pages.

 
If there isn't gift wrap with old music on it, there should be.  I'd never unwrap this soap, it's too pretty.


Remember these...

 
These flowers I turned to pins with a pin back and some glue.  Pinned to a card with a vintage angel image.

 
I found a forgotten box of canning jars, and had the flower frog lids.  Trying to keep costs down, I found tissue with a candy motif...just a suggestion of a cute presentation for this canning jar w/ flower frog lid. 

When we host our auction, some items go for a large amount. We like to have some items that can be purchased outright, at a reasonable price. That way, everyone can go home with something, and help support our club's service projects.  Our girls are so generous and creative, there are sure to be some wonderful items for auction and for sale.

One more item to sew and then a little baking next week.  Everything is coming together, hope I don't fall apart in the process! ;-)   Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend my friends. 


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debby said...

I want to shop your goodies. So cute.

Our Hopeful Home said...

You are so talented! You know I love the music paper and the shredded paper, too. So busy, but certainly for a good cause. Good luck with it all!