Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lampshades



These are the lampshades I got for fifty cents each. I couldn't wait for some good afternoon light to show you how well they turned out. I purchased Rust-oleum Painter's Touch spray paint in Heirloom White. It's got ultra cover, 2x the coverage of regular spray paint, and I found that to be true. (I use spray paint often, it's inexpensive, quick, with immediate gratification.) You know how rattan, wicker, willow or rush soak up the paint, this covered in 2 quick coats. I left them outside for the afternoon, then let them dry completely overnight. I love how it makes my inexpensive lamps look. I'm showing you both sides of the bed. I admit, I cleaned up my bedside table before I took the picture. My husband's side I just dusted. His table is a quarter of the size of mine and usually empty, except for the alarm clock. I need books, magazines, glasses, pens, paper, hand cream, tissues, crochet hooks and scissors. The overflow is in a basket next to the bed, more magazines, a crochet project, sewing patterns, you know, STUFF! Do you have STUFF on your nightstand? Enjoy this beautiful day.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: