Saturday, September 10, 2011

All Worn Out

We went to Kane County for the Flea Market last Sunday. The weather was perfect, I had a little cash and my best junkin buddy by my side... but I was worn out...and not getting into the hunt like I usually am. It was crowded, and if I stopped to look at something in one of the buildings, someone would cluck behind me. You know what I mean...that sound of discontent coming from behind you, when you are not keeping up with some one's pace of flea market walking. (No, it wasn't my husband, he was blazing the trail for me!) I bought the fabric from an outside stall. It was a bargain at $5 for over 5 yards. The enameled soap bowl and flowers came from a vendor with all new items, mostly for fall.  I stopped by to visit Lisa, The Frenchman's Wife, she has the most amazing stuff, and her display,  let's just say,  WOW!  While we were in her booth, someone wanted to buy part of her display!  She is just that good!  We grabbed a few bags of corn on the cob from a farmer on the way out, and called it a day.  The aluminum lazy susan was found by my SIL Elizabeth, at another flea market. I'm starting to acquire all these cool aluminum pieces.  I need to stop as I have a few now. 
                               


Speaking of worn out...This is a butterfly I photographed in early June. Remember, I called him Nemo since he was missing part of his wing  I couldn't find info on the life span of this particular butterfly, but it is not long...from a couple of weeks for most butterflies, to months for the Monarch.  Here at the beginning of September I took this photo...



This guy had a heck of a summer, don't you think?  Tattered and torn, the scales on his wings worn.  It's kinda how I feel after a long summer. It was a fun summer, did so much, went so many cool places.  I'm ready for fall now.  I'm being rejuvenated by the cool weather, and all the joys of autumn in the Midwest.  I'm crafting, crocheting and sewing every day.  I've even completed a project or two.  More about that soon, until then dear friends, have a great weekend.

Remembering 9/11...Praying for Peace...


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Maybe it is why we call it FALL. We "fall away" from the busy summer into the richness of autumn and prepare for a "long winters night".

You have been busy indeed. Sit back now and sew, crochet and dream of new designs you can create.

Keep PEACE in your heart . . .

Our Hopeful Home said...

Wish I could be at the flea every month. Unfortunately, I'm lucky if I get there twice a year! (Which is just fine with my husband!) So glad you had a good time and got some great stuff! And for me....maybe next month:D

xoxo
Kathy