Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Target Goes French!

Walking through Target I saw a display of kitchen utensils and with them was a tea towel, that looked like a grain sack.  I don't really have $60 dollars for a real grain sack pillow, but I have a bunch of pillow forms and a stash of Lenda curtains that are linen-like.  I put them together to make this cool pillow.  The towel was $3.99! 

I was very anxious last week, and you can tell by the quantity of work I completed.  The more nervous, the more work.  (The 9/11 anniversary, having a daughter working in Manhattan and a husband flying for business, and I am a worrier...I come from a long line of em!)  I found this pattern on the Lion Brand site, under washcloths.  I'm thinking of making these as gifts for Christmas. 

 I crocheted with regular kitchen cotton, and was pleased with the results.

We attended a small flea market to benefit a local school's music program.  I was drawn to these prints and at 25 cents each I have some art for my office.  The picnic basket was $2 and I cannot pass up that kind of a bargain.
This print is my favorite, reminds me of Sea Fever, a poem by John Masefield...
I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky, And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... 
I'm not sure why I know this poem, but it popped into my head as soon as I saw this print.

                                      

More projects soon.  A crafty outing today at a crafty friend's.  Yeah!



2 comments:

Lynne said...

I have missed you. Today was a treat to see photos of your many talents. The dish/wash cloth is very nice. I liked the prints too.

How many picnic baskets in your collection? Smile

Our Hopeful Home said...

Okay Penny you're not going to believe this but right now I have those same towels on my kitchen table along with some muslin I just picked up from Wal-mart. Yup, I was planning two pillows! Bought the towels weeks ago but have been too busy to do anything with them yet! I put them out on the table today in the hopes I'd be guilted into making the pillows! NOW I've been shamed into it! Great minds really do think alike!

Hopefully I'll share mine sometime soon....

xoxo
Kathy