Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More County Living Fair

The Country Living Fair really did bring the pages of the magazine to life.  I was on inspiration overload, there was just so much to see.  I wanted to photograph everything...but that's no way to enjoy yourself.  I did take many photos, and this is what I saw...


It doesn't get much prettier than this.  A seeded eucalyptus wreath, with a wedding ring quilt as a backdrop.


 Every booth had  a WOW!  Whether handmade or natural, everything had that country touch.  So warm and inviting.

 Pumpkins...


 Pumpkins...


 and more pumpkins and gourds.  Every size, shape and color.

 Everything was pretty.


 Even the lemonade stand was charming.


This booth might have been my favorite,  Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods.  All the way from Rhode Island.  There were thousamds of notions, trim, buttons...oh the buttons!  I was allowed only two photos.  (Sorry I asked... but being a good blogger, I always ask.)  These photos don't begin to capture the wealth of this booth.


 It knocked my socks off.  It was that good.

The Happy Chair lady said, " take as many as you want", when I asked to photograph her unique armchairs.  They were so much fun, and no two alike.

This was first thing Sunday morning, and we had the place to ourselves.  I can't say enough good things about the staff of the fair...the kindness of the vendors... or the charm of the village.  I have a few more photos to share, humor me as I have one more Country Living Post in me!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh my! what fun!! One of these days I will go. Love you photos! Nifty Thrifty looks heavenly!
:)Heidi