Friday, October 14, 2011

The Hunter's Moon

photo by Jon Willoughby
When I got up very early this morning, I looked out into the yard, and it was bright with the light of the Hunter's Moon. When we walked last night it had just stopped raining, and clouds covered the sky, but the light I saw from my window this morning was so bright and magical...  I know why so many songs are about the moon. Shine On Harvest Moon, a old song I remember Laurel and Hardy singing in one of their films. (and it's also a song my husband sings to me at the top of his lungs every year about this time;-) Neil Young's Harvest Moon,  Moondance by Van Morrison and of course,  Moon River...  The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Jimmy Webb... That's my very favorite... so I'll leave you with this youtube video.
 Wishing you some magical moonlight...






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Absolutely, breathtaking, beautiful. I needed this today, believe me!
Love, Lynne