Sunday, October 9, 2011

You Gotta Have Friends!

 Every Autumn I invite a few friends to make cards and a small craft to celebrate the season.  This year in spite of a lingering cough and cold, I was so happy to have a few friends in for a visit.
The cards are easy, all precut and xyroned.  It's peel and stick crafting...but still there are problems.  Jean didn't like the spider.  She has an adversion to glitter.  So on her card was a football. She was trooper, as she was under the weather too.
 Everyone loved the pine cones... Carmella told us about her new home and visit with her new grandson.
Since this card could not be replicated exactly, there was some grumbling...They like to copy the examples exactly!  My SIL Elizabeth brought us each an orchid plant.  They just finished blooming, so it will be a while before we see another flower.  She is so generous like that. 
This little pumpkin caused some problems for Marci,  but with perseverance, she went home with one. Marc is a lefty, and has different ways to do things.
I almost forgot to take some photos, and we were almost finished when I took these. Kathy might have been under the table at this point, long story... I have a narrow dining room, and once under the table to retrieve something...well, I thought she might have to live with me....Yeah, a Sister, I always wanted one of those!
When they were finished with their cards, they stamped a sentiment on the inside. There's Jane. She was so good, not a complaint. ;-)
My SIL Elizabeth stayed late and we talked and we talked.  Because we only see each other a few times a week, we had alot to say.  What a pleasure to have such good friends.  They do more for me than they'll ever know, and I love em all.  Enjoy this beautiful day!



No comments: