Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Butterfies in my Garden...

 
Well, yes they are metal, but I couldn't wait a moment longer to put them outside.  A beautiful gift from my dear pal Jean for Christmas.  The butterflies are cantilevered and rock with the slightest breeze. 
And yes, we did have more snow, and yesterday a small blizzard. 

 
I took advantage of son Jon and brought back in my dining room table from the deck.  That's the nice thing about using a patio table as a indoor table.  It sits on the deck from Thanksgiving till spring and is no worst for being out in the elements.  Then I polish up the glass and it's ready for Easter.
(for the winter holidays I use banquet tables)

 
The curly willow I have has sprouted leaves
 and roots.  At this time of year, even I need a little green.

 
It can be planted outside and it will grow...if you know anything about willows, they are tenacious.

 
My spring mantle...I've got a few bunnies to add for Easter.  Wonder why I got so busy...

I am a worried Grandma as my sweet p. is sick for the very first time.  She's got a virus and is so sad and sick.  Poor Mom and Dad are experiencing the worst of parenthood, when a child is ill and you feel so helpless.  I held Kristen many a night when she was little...and her brothers.  Holding a feverish child till the dawn is a lonely scary thing.  I've also taken a lethargic baby to the emergency room, only to bring him (Jon Jon) home and have him run around like nothing was ever wrong.  These are the things you can never know until you are a parent yourself.  So if you are so inclined, say a prayer for Penny and for Kris and Doug.

So a crying Grandma ends this post, hoping Penny bounces back quickly, wishing I was there...
Thanks for stopping by.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jill said...

Prayers and good thoughts for your dear, sweet granddaughter! We've got strep at our house. We almost made it through the winter with no illness!

Love that curly willow!

babs said...

Poor sweet P.....prayers that she heals soon!
Wipe your tears...you have a fun weekend ahead! See you soon.

Debby said...

Prayers for Sweet P. and her Grammy. Yes, it hurts you as well. You are forcing Spring, one way or another. Hah. Snowy and cold here as well and the news says it will continue. But soon.......it has to warm up. (((((HUGS)))))

Lynne said...

These are the times parents and grandparents . . . can comfort, be there, fret, worry, be prayerful and do all of it over again.

Ultimate helpless feelings when our little ones are ill . . .

I hope Little P will be feeling much better by Friday/Saturday . . .