Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Update

 
It was a weird weekend, especially weather wise.  It smelled like spring, it sounded like spring.  The weird part was the fog that rose off the snow, and the continuous rain.  Made for a gloomy weekend.
Not to mention the discombobulated way that Springing Ahead with Daylight Savings Time makes me feel.
I'll love it after my biological clock adjusts...three weeks from now!

 
A highlight was Justin Timberlake hosting Saturday Night Live.  If you missed it, Steve Martin, Paul Simon, Tom Hanks, Dan Aykroyd, Candice Bergen, Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Alec Baldwin did cameo appearances as the "Five Timers" having hosted SNL five times or more.  I loved it!  Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd reprised their roles as Two Wild and Crazy Guys from back in the day.
Of course,  everyone looked older, but many people from those early days of the show are no longer around to make cameo appearances...
I really enjoyed seeing them all.
 
I needed a little Springtime, and these beauties did the trick.
Then they traveled to St. Louis with a small girl who said that her Grandma loved flowers...
could she bring her a few...  What a sweetheart, our little bird!

 
I worked on some little gifts for a blog event I will be attending later this week.
Can't show them till after...just a little something.

 
I posted on "The" facebook!  There is a meet up group, for the blogger event I was invited to join, and not wanting to be squaresville, HA, had my patient son Jon show me the finer points.
Now I can see what my granddaughter is up to.  I try to show my sons photos that Kris sends me of Penny...they say, oh yeah, I saw it on facebook.  Now Grandma won't be the last to know. ;-)

 
Just wanted to tell you about this bunny I posted .  It is beautifully made.  The little jacket alone makes me swoon.  It looks brand new, and there were several other bunnies that were just as beautiful.  They were donated to a local thrift...I bought this one for $4.00.  All that work!  Hours of work!  Just thought I'd put it out to the universe, this bunny will be enjoyed and displayed as art.  Thank you!

Thanks so very much for stopping by, and for all your kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debby said...

I love your flowers. They must be some Sweet Penny. What a way to brighten your day. This snow this year is unreal. We have rain right now bt maybe some more snow tomorrow. I don't think it will be very much though.
I got your wonderful bunnies. I think they will be the steal of the show. You did well beyond the job at hand. Even my husband was in awe. At first I thought he was kidding or making fun of my reaction but he wasn't. Unbelieveable, I am afraid the others you receive will not be up to par. Thank Penny for being so generous of your time just for us. (((((HUGS)))))

Melanie said...

Hi Penny ~ isn't this weather dreary? Ugh, makes me feel so lazy! Funny that you got some beautiful yellow flowers to cheer things up, because so did I! And part of my blog post that I'll be doing later is featuring my flowers, too. Great minds think alike. :-)

Lynne said...

Your weather is like my weather in Michigan . . . the yellow brings some cheer though . . .

I am so excited . . . just a few more days . . . I hope you hug really, really good!

I still have to do that FB thingy too . . . Barbie is going to help me tomorrow. Not talented in all that FB, twitter, Pinterest stuff . . .

See you soon Penny . . . Love, Lynne