Thursday, June 13, 2013

Before the Rain

 
Over fifty blooms on my climber.  What a display!

 
Old timey, just like we had at the old homestead back in that little town called Chicago.
I've told this story before...Mr. Geraci our neighbor had a arbor with a climbing rose just like this...and every year he'd cut the first blooming branch and bring to his wife.  What a sweet man and a sweet memory.
Can you grow Swiss chard in heaven?  If you can I'm sure he does.
 
The flowers on the bottom are a different color...more of a hot pink.

 
Charming, that's what they are.

 
Progress in the garden...zucchini and bottle gourds. I can't wait to make zucchini bread!

 
On this side, jack be little pumpkins...for all of my girls, and sunflowers.

 
Elizabeth... have I mentioned that my SIL is the most generous and kindest person.  She always comes bearing gifts.  Can't wait to peruse this one...

Thank you dear friends for stopping in and for your kind comments. Enjoy this beautiful day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE your climbers!

Lynne said...

Very pretty, funny how the red changes on the one . . .

Melanie said...

Those climbing roses are absolutely gorgeous! Isn't it fun watching the veggies grow...anticipating the harvest they will bring? I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes. That book looks very interesting; one I would enjoy, for sure!

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful display. I love the beautiful colors and how clean and neat you keep your plants. I love your little garden and I am sure you are excited to see how the harvest goes.



from Bella at PhD On line