Saturday, June 15, 2013

Girls Night Out

 
We end each Guild year (it runs like the school year...September to May) with a dinner and some fun.
We are so fortunate to have some beautiful meeting rooms, and we celebrated there together.


 
As a gift to those that go above and beyond with their service to our Guild, I decorated these cute
summer sun hats.  I used these Beach Pass Labels and Tags from the amazing Cathe Holden at
Just Something I Made.  I printed them out, added the names with clear address labels and then laminated them in my Xyron.   I used some sand tools with some tulle, it made them bright and cheerful for their heads or on their door as a decoration. 
I made each girl a favor...It's a pack of Kool Aid, and a cool umbrella straw...Have a Kool Summer!

 
The menu was easy.  A big salad, some huge pizzas, some great desserts and chips and salsa on the tables.
Add a few bottles of wine and some lemonade...something for everyone.

 
I made Lemon Puppy Chow from a recipe I pinned on Pinterest. 
It's dangerously yummy, I love anything Lemon.
Theresa got two delicious cakes and some fresh raspberries.
Let's just say that no one went home hungry.
 
We played a game for fun and prizes.  It included a round of stealing...
Shocking for good Catholic Girls like...

 
The beautiful Flynn Sisters...
If only every girl was blessed with friends like these two...
 
Our angel Adeline...
 
beautiful Ashley, the next generation...

 
Sunbonnet Sue...

 
dearest Carmella,

 
my darling Jeannie... She is trouble! (The best possible kind. ;-) How I love my Sisters!

 
As our treasurer took care of the financial details of the evening, dear Jane looks on.  A pleasant and relaxing evening with friends, well, we are more like family.  Congratulations to Guild One for another amazing year.  Sharing in our community more good works than you can imagine. I am so proud and grateful to be a part of this amazing bunch.

Have a great weekend my friends, I know mine is off to a great start!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

The straw hat sun bonnets are adorable Penny! The sisterhood from the Guild is what we need more of in our world. Building COMMUNITY indeed . . .

You are a GOLDEN person . . .

Melanie said...

Glad you had such a nice evening with your guild sisters! You are so unbelievably creative and generous with your homemade gifts. :-)

Cathe Holden said...

ADORABLE use of the beach passes! : )