Monday, June 10, 2013

Garden Days

 
Keeping a record, here on my blog, of the garden's progress.

 
Last week the hydrangea were tiny, this week...

 
I just can't wait for all those luscious blooms.

 
A big surprise this year, my pink climbing rose is blooming!
 Even overpowered my my
bittersweet vine,
I have dozens of buds and several blooms,
eight feet up!
The very tippy top of the arbor.

 
Is there anything as sweet as a pink rosebud?

 
geraniums...
 
portulaca, these flowers look painted...

 
purple...

 
pink...

 
a bucket of love...

 
a pot of happiness.

We had the best birthday celebration weekend.  I spoiled my dearest as best I could...he loved every minute.  His birthday is the official start of summer around here. 

Though we have no vacation plans, we will
take day trips, visit the fleas, especially our lake. We hope to get a visit from a little family we love so, and just appreciate the gifts all around us.

 If you are traveling this summer, be safe, and don't forget to post about it.  We have found some of our favorite places to visit, inspired by posts from  our Midwest Bloggers.  If I see things worth sharing, you'll see it here. 
 Until then...Have a great summer!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my, Penny! Everything looks so beautiful. I'm a bit envious as we are so far behind this year! I have ONE iris blooming but it thrills me. ;)

babs said...

A rosebud! Wow, you are way ahead of us! Everything looks beautiful!

Melanie said...

Love all your budding flowers and glad to hear your hubby had a nice birthday weekend. We had 2 hydrangeas in front of the house, but one didn't come back this year - no greenery at all - completely dead! We're going to dig up the other one and place it in full sun. We think that was part of the problem (not enough sun). We're doing the same as you this year - just some day trips.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A most GLORIOUS time of year! There is a place called English Valley? :) The name is beautiful! I live in Riverside, but it's certainly not beautiful. I make my own little corner as pretty as I can..but how nice to live in a valley..a lovely valley.
Your flowers are wonderful! I want to grow Hydrangia's but so far I haven't done it. I will though! I will!

Lynne said...

Love your pics Penny. Pale pink in the Rose for the arbor is sooooo soft, perfect, wonderful . . . I have a bit of envy for that charming climber . . .

What Hydrangea, Annabelle?

Two- three hour travel too long for a day trip . . . extra room is ready for you . . .