Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Baking Therapy


 Whenever we have a service night or other club event, or if company is coming, I love to bake.  We all have the old standbys, but everyday new recipes get pinned, printed or otherwise saved.  Few ever see the light of day, but this little number will be repeated.  It is very easy and so delicious.  The base is an oatmeal cookie mix.
 The filling, 16oz Philly cream cheese, sugar and a egg...
 Spread on the par baked cookie,
 smothered in apple pie filling with added cinnamon......
covered in the remaining cookie mix...

 An important ingredient, Christmas music.  She sings like an angel!
In 35 minutes you have something different, really delicious and cut in small pieces, so easy to serve in cupcake liners. All the girls loved them, the family too.

Baking really is therapy for me.  Making something good for others to share makes me happy.  Tis the season of baking and cooking.  The nesting and preparation for the holidays is something I so look forward too.  Having the family close, the house warm and filled with laughter.  Nothing is really better than that.

Just a little recipe I thought to photograph, hope that you and your family enjoy it too.
The recipe is available at Betty Crocker, Apple Streusel Cheescake Bars.

No baking today, just a crafty project I hope to share soon.  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

This sounds delicious and fairly easy. I might give it a try. I've been looking for a new recipe for a fallish treat.
Betty Crocker wins again . . .
Thanks Penny!

Melanie said...

I love to bake but don't do so often, as I would eat all of it! I baked the best brownies last week (I used a good quality dark chocolate, King Arthur flour, and Kerrygold butter) but limited myself to two and then froze the rest to give to Tim next time I see him. I really hope to see you before the craziness of the holidays sets in!

PS - Were you really listening to Christmas music already?! Gaaah! lol