Thursday, October 30, 2014

Garbage Picked Chandelier


 Finding this chandelier on a Sunday morning walk, I knew just what I wanted to do with it.  I have hit the bottom of my Annie Sloan quart that I used to paint my kitchen cabinets, so when I saw this paint at he hob lob, I thought I'd give it a try.
 Sorry for the wonky photo.  The squirrel that runs my computer is finicky.;-)
 The coverage is comparable to the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint...
...and this was the second coat.  Eight ounces was around $5 with the coupon.  Annie Sloan sample size is half the size for $10! I think this paint performed well, coating a shiny surface, and the color was just what I was looking for.  Those bases on the arms are my next challenge.  Show you more as I progress.
Last evening, standing at the sink, the sky was amazing.  I had to run outside and capture the magic.
Sometimes the sun shines at an angle that looks brand new, and the crisp blue sky and fluffy autumn clouds
made these photos special.
 All from my deck.
I cleaned out my fountain that runs all year for the birds.  Sometimes in winter, the water stops completely and the surface freezes, but then a trickle starts as the sun shines or the temperatures start to rise.  A whole neighborhood of  birds and critters depend on this little fountain.  It looked so pretty with the leaves, so before I skimmed the surface, took this photo.  Oh Autumn, your beauty touches my heart.

Hope all is well with you my friends.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I've never used any chalk or milk paints but I know from hearing from others that AS is the most expensive one out there - and that other brands work just as well. I think you're paying for the name with AS. Anyway, your chandelier looks great. Where are you going to hang it? Love that you still have your fountain going...I'm sure the birds and squirrels really appreciate the fresh water.

Lynne said...

Great change up for the chandelier . . .
Love your Lingering Fall Touches!