Monday, October 29, 2018

Good thoughts bear good fruit...

 It was a heartbreaking week in America.  Bombs sent to two former Presidents, to CNN and many innocent people.  So many put in jeopardy.  Because of hate.  Then the shooting at the synagogue in Mr. Roger's neighborhood in Pittsburgh. Gentle good people, praying, killed by hate.  Earlier in the week I sat and watched the service at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C. as Matthew Shepard was laid to rest decades after his murder.  Hate killed Matthew. 

 It's hard to see, harder still to understand.
 I do believe that goodness will prevail.
Goodness will triumph over evil.
It must!

 I quote Desmond Tutu who said

"We are made for goodness. we are made for love.
We are made for friendliness. We are made for togetherness.

 We are made for all the beautiful things
that you and I know.

 We are made to tell the world that there are no outsiders.
All are welcome: black, white, red, yellow, rich, poor,
educated, not educated, male, female, gay, straight, all, all, all.
We belong to this family, this human family, God's family."

The gap in the fence where the dog got in.
As I watched the service for Matthew, the priest asked the congregation to close their eyes and remember Matthew.  I did close my eyes, but thought of a dear friend of mine who died in the AIDS epidemic.  As I opened my eyes, there was a large black dog on my deck.  I said, Steve?  
We have a fenced yard and I could not figure out how that dog got in our yard.  He was having a great time, drinking from our fountain, rolling around in the grass.  Hubby on the phone would have invited him in.  Me alone and not confident around animals, called animal control.  He was gone before I could get a photo, disappeared behind the shed.  Was it my friend, letting me know he is at peace?  I'd like to think so.

"Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit-
and man is his own gardener." 
-James Allen

Looking for how the dog got into the yard I explored the garden.
We have not had a fall clean up as of yet.
There is still beauty, even in the seed heads and certainly in the changing leaves.

The dark brown hydrangeas,
  
they are lovely even now.

The only thing still growing is the parsley left in my herb pot.

My sweet and generous friend Lynne from Irish Garden House 
remembered me with this cute twine pumpkin.  The gourds are from sweet Elizabeth.
How lucky am I to be blessed with wonderful friends, the best family and the sweetest husband.
I am so grateful, each and every day.


Pray with me for peace.
For peace all over the world.
For love in our hearts and on our lips.

Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

So very wonderful Penny . . ,
your words and pictures are peace.
Goodness will prevail .. .
Believe it to be so . . ,
I have loved your heart . . .
from the minute I met you . . .