Monday, November 5, 2018

November Moments

 When the days get short and the nights seem so long, you know it's November.  I have been crocheting for our twins. No, we don't know yet if they are boys, girls or one of each.  I just happened to be working on this and have decided to make another in teal.  Two babies covered in Grandma's love.  It's made in the Ombre yarn from Red Heart.  The pattern is the corner to corner stitch I learned on The Crochet Crowd on YouTube. It is 40 inches by 40 inches.   One down, working on the next.

 The autumn has really shown it's colors around here.  
We've had some brisk days and the leaves are flying. 

 Inside it's been pretty cozy, especially when our girl comes for a visit.  We made cupcakes for Uncle Mikey's birthday. (My baby!)  Note the amazing dress Penny is wearing.  It's covered in Gnomes! 
I always ask Penny why they don't make cool dresses in Grandma sizes?  "Oh, grandma!"

 We took a short ride to the local nursery.

 It hasn't been cold enough to freeze their pond, so we got to see the koi. Penny was just playing along when what she really wanted to do is go to Target.  I was teasing that we were the Three Musketeers, Grandpa is Technology, I am Hospitality and asked Penny what Musketeer she was and she yelled TARGET!  I guess you had to be there.  

 The rain came on Sunday and all the leaves that had been cleaned up were replaced by more leaves.
They are just gonna sit for a couple of days.  Raking wet leaves is too much like work.

 It looks like there are plenty more up there too.


This sweetie is growing up very fast, but still my baby girl.

I have my pantry in order, always the first chore of the holiday season.  Next my shopping list.  
I'm rolling out the same tried and true menu and desserts for Thanksgiving just 16 days away,
I scared myself just typing that! 

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny



No comments: