Monday, January 13, 2020

More Bad Weather on the Way


  A snowstorm was brewing but never really delivered.  We had some snow, plenty of wind and ice.  I was sure that I would spend the weekend alone, but then the granddaughters came.


First, I want to share this amazing cross stitch worked beautifully by a talented gentleman!  Patience, it's name is Tom, of the power couple of Jean and Tom fame.   Made for their new granddaughter.  I was able to help (Finally, they do so much for me and did for my dearest.) by finishing the stocking backing and lining.  This stocking is a work of love and a work of art.  Who has a stocking made by their grandpa?  Emily!

 This week I went down memory lane to celebrate the birthday of my late cousin Diana.   I found this photo and posted it to Facebook tagging her children and brother.  I remember how itchy that dress was with those crinoline slips.  Yes, that's me, the flower girl.  The ring bearer is my cousin Mark.  The wedding was at a hotel in downtown Chicago, and Mark and I were the only kids.  We ran and danced and went to a newsstand and bought cough drops!  A heady experience for a six year old girl, and Mark would remind me that he was even younger. We lost Diana last year.  She was a beautiful and talented woman, the first born to our family.  She was the flower girl at my parents wedding, and a forever presence in my life.  

Back to the baby grands... My arms are full of love.  

 News Flash, Irene is standing around the furniture. Here she is encouraging Stevie to try.  Stevie is perfectly happy watching Irene, and laughs and claps for her.   Look at that proud face. They will be ten months this week.

Stevie kissed me, spontaneously.  It was a moment of pure joy and happiness.  This is me ugga muggaing her goodbye.   Irene and Stevie are so sweet and so smart and along with their spectacular cousin Penny fill my heart. When they leave, the house is never emptier. I miss the talks after Tyke and I were alone, the hugs at the door...
So wish he could be here to enjoy these rascals.

"Most like an arch - two weaknesses that lean into a strength.
Two fallings become firm." 

-John Ciardi, On Marriage

I miss the other half of my arch, the part that made me whole. Still, I am here.
Tyke still holds me up, 
the connection is so deep and so everlasting. 


"The trouble with life is that
 there are so many beautiful moments 
and so little time."

-John Barrymore

Thank you or stopping by and for your kind comments.

Enjoy this beautiful day. 
Love, Penny

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I see so much love here, Penny. So much love.

We had the same weather -- predicted terrible and just -- crummy. Icy but not the super icepocalypse predicted. For which I am VERY grateful.

Lynne said...

Love your posts . . .
and with the girls, kisses, hugs, standing, sitting . . , YUM!
Keep them coming . . .

Love this quote . . .
"Most like an arch - two weaknesses that lean into a strength.
Two fallings become firm."

-John Ciardi, On Marriage

Your marriage was a testimony . . . all about love, peace, respect, joy . . .
What treasure!

Mary in Colorado said...

I love your wonderful posts....your dear little Penny and those sweet baby girls!! I know your pain is huge but you still move forward doing all the wonderful things you did with your dear man....and I can't imagine he is anywhere but at your side urging you on. And I am blessed that I have moments when I know loved ones who have moved on before me are near!! A quick hug would be gratefully received!! Mary in Colorado