Monday, January 27, 2020

Patience


 "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself." 
  -Francis de Sales


I love the way the sun glints off the icy crust of the snow.  We've had some winter, snow falling, slush forming, turning back to ice. Shoveling and salting.  Walking in the street, since it's the only safe place.  I do well in the cold, I prefer it to heat and humidity.  Where humidity and hot weather make you sluggish, the cold revitalizes.  Properly bundled, I enjoy my winter walks.



 "I could not have made it this far had there not been angels along the way." -Della Reese


 My sweet baby grand.  She had me all to herself this weekend.  We had breakfast at our favorite place and a short walk, since all the paths were treacherous. A quiet Sunday with a big pot of soup,
(I have 5 containers in the refrigerator ready for the freezer.  I don't know how to cook a small pot of anything.) music through the afternoon. The Grammy's in the evening.  The babies were with Mom and Dad, but we were able to Facetime a couple of times.  Those girls are tremendous!



When tulips are under $4 a bunch they come home with me.

The shadows near sunset.


The candlelight warms up an otherwise chilly day.
I'm not sneaking him in, he's in everything I do.


All the curtain are thrown open to catch the
 little bit of light on our mostly cloudy days.


Found this old photo, wow, we were crazy in love.
Damn, he took my breath away.  Always did.


More Valentine trinkets.  That wire heart was a quarter.  I bought it because...
I still love love.


In the basement looking for ...what did I come down here for?
Saw this tiny photo and had to bring it upstairs to smile at it.
Yes, a six foot three inch Raggedy Ann.  I made our costumes and we had the best time.
I even made him bloomers! 
   
Also looking for something else, I found this silver dish.  Cleaned it and scattered the heart ornaments.  The dish is plain silver but the reflection makes it look pink. Just pretty.

You gotta have heart.
All you really need is heart... 


I've been sewing and mostly making a mess.  These flour sack towels were appliqued with some vintage flowers cut out of  some thrifted fabric from long ago.  


This is called a crafttastrophe.  You throw everything on the table and you see what sticks.
In the process you mostly make a mess... but sometimes. something inspires you.  You get out of your head, into some music and create.  

This is the rest of the quote from Francis de Sales...

"Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, 
but instantly set about remedying them --
every day begin the task anew."

I am trying, every day.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind and encouraging comments. 
 They really help, and I am so grateful.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Love, love and love. It never dies and we always love. I'm so grateful you are surrounded by it, even though your heart may at times be heavy. You had a great gift in these years.

Lynne said...

Loved that sweet picture of you and your love.
Sweet, sweet love . . .

Raggedy Ann/Andy costumes were fun!
Look at all the creations you’ve made!

Four dollar bunch of tulips is wonderful!
Trader Joe’s?

You’ve inspired me to get into “heart time!”