Monday, April 20, 2020

Nothing is fair or good alone...


 It's thirty three days in solitude.  The days pass.  I have kept my routine simple.  I haven't purged a closet or cabinet, in fact I've made bigger messes.  Looking for stuff, always looking through stuff but somehow never setting things right.  Lack of gumption.   I celebrate my little victories.  Getting up and showering.  Making breakfast.  Clearing the sink.  Taking out the garbage.


Spring is fickle in Chicagoland. One day Winter, the next day Spring.


Sturdy shoots of hosta.  Persistent.  I could learn a few things from the hardy hosta.


I'm not in the mood to learn.  It's tough to concentrate.


My amazing son Jon asked if I would make him a few masks. I got busy and then kept going.


 Using what I have, making more for family and friends.


The saving grace for me this week was the yard.  Pick up sticks, pick up more sticks.  Rake up the oak leaves.  We don't have an oak tree on my block.  I've yet to clean out the birdbath, but I did clean out the fountain where the birds depend on water.  I'm sure I would make a few Robins very happy if I get out there today.  There is no one happier in the bath then a Robin in springtime.


Tiny little signs of life on miniature rose bushes I was gifted last year.


 Over in the Meadow...

 
In a nest in the tree
Lived an old Mother bird
and her little birdies three...

That song reminds me of Penny when she was very little. Grandpa found a Scholastic DVD with several children's songs.  One was Over in the Meadow.  Beautifully illustrated, so sweet. Now I need to find it for the little ones!


I love to see the light shine through the glass.


"All are needed by each one:
Nothing is fair or good alone."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Still standing.  So lonely.  Missing my sweet guy.  
Missing our life together.  Loving my tremendous kids, 
my baby grands who keep me sane.
Grateful for all who are risking everything to help. 

When we can hug again, watch out.
Thank you for stopping by and for your kindness.
Please take care and be safe.

Find something beautiful in today.
Love, Penny

6 comments:

babs said...

Penny, my heart hurts when I think or hear of your loneliness. It has to be so diffucult for you! I quite can't begin to imagine it.
You and your fabric and sewing skills. I purged..at the wrong time. No fabric, no elastic...this no cute mask. I'm stuck with the paper blah ones. It isn't always a good thing to simplify. I am doing closets but I worry....I might need/want something I threw out.
Our weather is fickle also. Beautiful, sunny day here but tomorrow, not pretty. I must plan my days accordingly. Maybe a baking day tomorrow. My quarantine thing is bake a treat once a week for sharing with others. Been kind of fun. Trying a new recipe a week also!
Thinking of you my dear friend. Always good to hear your reflective words. Sending you a virtual hug. Soon, maybe real soon....we can slowly get back to life!
Love Barb

Eileen in Fla. said...

I'm so sorry for your pain, added to by this coronavirus. The usual things we utilize to soothe us aren't accessible right now. Certainly tries our souls and makes us depressed. But there is hope - and hope is wherever you may find it.

Jeanie said...

Thank you for saying you haven't purged a closet or cabinet and are making more messes. I am not alone! I love your masks! Very cool fabric. It has been cold here but warming up and today I took a good walk. I'm cooking a lot and experimenting and might bake later today. Who knows. I haven't been able to hug Rick since March 11. We see each other daily for which I'm grateful but I long for human touch. You're right, when we can hug again -- watch out.

Lynne said...

I look forward to a visit with you, virtual as it is.
I think . . because I glean something from you to feed my heart,
how selfish of me, receiving from you when you are at this emptiness.
But . . . once again, I received . . . from you . . .

In a nest in the tree
Lived an old Mother bird
and her little birdies three...

I can’t imagine your aloneness, in an isolation to boot . . .
Forgive me . . .

Wishing, hoping, you glean one little spark. . . today,
that lifts your heart for even a second.
Finding the nest, during our grueling spring clean up was a spark . . . for me.
And then, “mister irish” raising his four fingers signaling “the prize”
was a spark . . . and then, seeing the gorgeous blue.

Caring about you girl . . . I think it is called, “hunger hug” . . . me too.
love love



Melanie said...

Sending you lots of love, Penny. Wish I could hug you in person. Just by getting up in the morning and taking care of your basic needs, that is good. That's all that's required right now. Cleaning out closets and drawers, etc can wait until the time is right. Be gentle and loving with yourself.

xoxo

nathalie villard said...

Are you looking for a loan urgently?
Or: To revive your financial activities?
Quick and Simple Money Loan with Flexible Conditions.
Minimum loan of 1,500 to 10,000,000 EUR at a rate of 2% with
conditions that will make your life easier. Refund conditions that will make your life easier in:
* Financial
* Home loan *
* Investment loan
* Car loan
* Consolidation debt
* Line of credit ...
So if you need a loan do not hesitate to contact us
to learn more about our conditions.
E-mail: villardfinance@gmail.com