Monday, April 27, 2020

Nowhere To Go


*Day 42.  Stardate April 27, 2020.  We are still quarantined.  With everything I need to sustain myself, I am bereft of human companionship.  I speak to screens and talk on phones, text and email, yet there is no substitute for a hug or kiss...a warm embrace.  My neighbors wave and cheer me, they watch over me with a tenderness that often brings me to tears.  *A small nod to my hubby who loved all things science fiction. It's kind of like how all the Star Trek episodes started.


These two months, last year, were my dearest's last.  The smell of the air, the angle of the sun, memories popping up in our photos and facebook.  It all makes the already difficult, so much harder to bear.


The numbers of the victims of the virus are staggering.  The stories of loss fill the news.
The reality of all the families that have lost a loved one, hits our hearts so deeply.
 


Mike and Amanda did my shopping, and we visited through a closed storm door.  All I wanted was to hug them both. My kids, my granddaughters... We are all missing each other so very much.


 I got busy with the garden.  Cleaned the birdbath, weeded the lavender bed. Planted some hollyhocks, fingers crossed.  I even roughed up the many bare spots in the front lawn and planted grass seed we bought two years ago.  Again, here's hoping something grows.


Look at that clear blue sky.


The bittersweet is budding, but I am thinking, climbing roses.  Right now I am cautiously bending and lifting.  My back is better and I want to keep it that way.  I do get overzealous and forget my advanced age.  Young at heart, old in back.


It was such a beautiful day.   Thinking of other sunny Spring Sundays.  Hanging on the deck with my best guy.  Every Spring for 25 years I'd come in from the garden and thank Tyke for buying us this house. It was and still is a haven, and a comfort to me. 


A good year for Queen Anne's Lace.  I have to remind the lawn guys that this is a weed I love.

 
I have more moss than grass out front, but once the hosta fill out, it looks perfectly woodsy.
With the Honey Locusts in the parkway and the Maple in the front yard, it is a cool oasis in the summer. 

Coming in from my walk I spotted the heart shadow on the lampshade. 


It's hard to see but I made a chicken wire heart.  Doesn't everyone have a roll of chicken wire hanging around?  I used a couple of wire coat hangers to make the shape and covered it with the chicken wire.  I wired a small string of lights to the edge.  This idea was  copied from an author, Fifi O Neil.
I just put it there to get it off the table.  I've always had a thing for hearts.

"Home is where you go when you've nowhere to go."
-Bette Davis

I hope this finds you and your family healthy, hanging on for each other.  If you are hunkered down with someone, hold them close.  If you are alone, we are all truly in this together, even though the space between us may be far, our hearts are close.
Take care my friends.

"We will get through this."
-Tyke Willoughby

Find something beautiful in today.
Love, Penny


6 comments:

Eileen in Fla. said...

Others have said this but it is important enough to repeat. Be gentle with yourself. You and your Beloved were kind to others your whole lives together. He would want you to be kind to yourself now until you are able to feel happiness and purpose again. I am so sorry for your loss.

Lynne said...

Liking what Eileen above said to you . . .
Be kind to yourself . . . and like she said, you and Tyke
we’re always kind, considerate of others.
You know how, it is your turn now, to treat yourself kindly.
Name one thing . . . of being kind to yourself . . .
Step ahead make is happen.
I like your chicken wire heart!
Maybe that is “your kindness for self.”

Jeanie said...

Those anniversaries are so very hard. I "third" the be gentle with yourself thoughts. I'm glad you have had sunshine and are "doing" things. That helps so much. Please take care.

Melanie said...

Beautiful but heartbreaking thoughts, Penny. I know things are extra hard now that the first anniversary is coming up...and now with the quarantine, it's extra hard because you can't physically get close to anyone. Your house and yard are so beautiful and I know you're grateful...they hold so many beautiful memories. I'm praying for you, my dear friend. xoxo

nathalie villard said...

Are you looking for a loan urgently?
Or: To revive your financial activities?
Quick and Simple Money Loan with Flexible Conditions.
Minimum loan of 1,500 to 10,000,000 EUR at a rate of 2% with
conditions that will make your life easier. Refund conditions that will make your life easier in:
* Financial
* Home loan
* Investment loan
* Car loan
* Consolidation debt
* Line of credit ...
So if you need a loan do not hesitate to contact us
to learn more about our conditions.
E-mail: villardfinance@gmail.com

Do you need Finance said...

Do you need personal loan?
Loan for your home improvements,
Mortgage loan,
Debt consolidation loan,
Commercial loan,
Education loan,
Car loan,
Loan for assets.
financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com WhatsApp +918929509036