Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Wet Weekend



 Somehow, all I accomplished this weekend was to buy
 my groceries, pay some bills and hang my annual fern.


 I also hung my angel wind chime. I did the usual laundry, stripping the bed, cooked and cleaned.  Even dusted.  Still the days go by, and I have little inspiration to do much else.  Silly since I am such a homebody.  Now, how much I yearn to go...anywhere. These are all the same things I did for Tyke and myself during the week, but I always looked forward to Friday at 5:00 when he was all mine and we hit the road.

And the rain rain rain came down down down...

A old friend of mine suggested once that if you have a problem, or are feeling blue, light a candle.
I was feeling extra blue so I lit two.  Buscia's candle holder and a scented candle.
Some how it lifts the spirit.


The lilac drooped with the weight of the water.  
A pond formed at the back of the lawn.


"Everyone is like a magnet.  
You attract to yourself reflections of that which you are. 
 If you're friendly then everyone else seems friendly too." 
-David R. Hawkins




Next door the apple tree is blooming.


 I hope to get a photo under a clear blue sky, 
but there is no sun in the week's forecast.


The best view in the house.

Remembering Tyke

In the minefield of memory, these next couple of weeks are
dangerous and painful.  The fact that we cannot be together to 
share them makes it especially cruel.

I walked the path where a bench will be dedicated
 in memory of my dearest.
We thought it would be installed by this time,
 but with circumstance beyond anyone's control, 
we will have to wait until some time this summer.

*I walked away from the computer on Monday morning and completely forgot to finish this post.
Lost my train of thought, that is, if I had one...

When all else fails, a quote...

"There is no need to run outside for better seeing...
Rather abide at the center of your being,
for the more you leave it the less you learn.
Search your heart and see...
The way to do is to be."
-Lao-Tzu

Take care my friends, stay safe and remember
you are loved.
Find something beautiful in today.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

You are not the first to feel a bit at sea during this, with a lack of motivation or inspiration. I have days like that too and I don't know a single person who hasn't. It's the uncertainty of it all!

I'm sorry you have to anticipate the minefield of the next couple of weeks, Penny. I hope things go smoothly. It hasn't been long -- not really. So please, be gentle with yourself.