Friday, April 20, 2012

A Burst of Creativity

 I finished up the towels I started the other day.  I added a ruffle with a raw edge.  I washed the towels and the raw edge frayed a little adding to the vintage look.  The second photo is the true color.
 Speaking of color...
My SIL Monika brought me beautiful tulips in this BRIGHT green pot.  I used some acrylic paint in a gray shade to cover the green.
 Painting a small project is so satisfying.
 To bring out the vintage tile embossing, I turned to good old Rub 'n Buff.
 In Silver Leaf.
 Just rub on the high points and buff with a paper towel or cloth.  It really looks like tin now.
Two occasions called for some baking.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies for our son Mike's band.  Safe travels to Unwritten Truth, Godspeed and rock on! Orange Marmalade Bars for the girls at our next service night.
Last but not least a pair of pillowcases for a friend.  Whew...  Riding the wave of creativity. Cowabunga!  Take care my friends.

Penny

6 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you are on a roll! Love the tin!

savvycityfarmer said...

liking these linens ... alot!

my sewing machine is gathering some dust
lol

how ARE you my friend

Debby said...

You are a busy one. Love those pillow cases.

Jill said...

You are a very busy lady! LOVE your towels! Great job on transforming the pot to that lovely gray and oh boy...those cookies look so good!

Lynne said...

Love the tin looking pot . . . Bet you had cookies ready for the kids when they came home from school!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the rufflage! And the thought of home made cookies (doesn't happen a lot around here!) Keep creating!

xoxo
Kathy